In what year was Elite Firearms & Training founded?
Who will be teaching the classes?
Ava Flanell will be teaching the classes, but if for some reason she can’t another NRA Certified Firearms Instructor will fill in.
Where are classes taught?
Classes are taught at DCF Gun’s East located at 1412 Woolsey Heights in Colorado Springs, CO 80915.
Store Hours are from 10am to 7pm.
Is the classroom handicap accessible?
No, but accomodations can be made.
What should I bring to class?
If your class includes range time, you will need to bring ear and eye protection. Earmuffs are advised for the indoor range. You will also need your firearm and at least 50rds of ammunition. Firearm rentals and ammo is available at DCF Guns East to rental/purchase.
Please be sure to wear a high neck shirt and closed toe shoes.
What should I bring to the range?
Is there a dress code on the range?
Please be sure to wear a high neck shirt and closed toe shoes to avoid hot brass. The more skin you reveal, the more risk you take.
What types of payment does Elite Firearms & Training accept?
Visa, Discover, and MasterCard are accepted. American Express and personal checks are NOT accepted.
Why isn't my payment going through online?
Elite does not accept American Express credit cards. If you attempt to pay with American Express, your purchase will be declined. Additionally, if you’re billing address, zip code, or name on your card do not match up, this will result in a decline as well. Lastly, some banks have fraud protection. Please be sure to check with your bank to ensure they’re allowing the payment to go through. Please keep in mind that if your card gets declined and shows up on your bank activity, it will not process. This activity will disappear from your transactions within 24hrs. Your card does not get charged unless your transaction is approved.
What are the requirements to get a concealed carry permit?
- Must be 21 years of age or older at the time of the application
- Be a resident of El Paso County (active military stationed in El Paso County qualify as residents with a Military ID and Duty Orders)
- Provide a valid Colorado Driver’s License, Colorado ID or a Military ID and active duty orders
- Submit proof of firearms training within the last ten years
- Successfully complete a background investigation
If I meet the above criteria, how can I get my concealed carry permit?
1). You will need an original certificate of firearms training issued within the last ten years from:
- NRA instructor
- Hunter’s Safety Course
- Proof of organized shooting competitions
- Active Duty Orders
2). Call the Sheriff’s Office to make an appointment. The number is 719-520-7249.
3). Print out the application found online at: https://www.epcsheriffsoffice.com/sites/default/files/resources/resources/EPSO-AP-CHP_fillable_121718.pdf
Fill out the entire application, EXCEPT for the signature portion. This will be signed at the Sherriff’s office.
4) Attend your appointment with the Sherriff’s Office. This visit will include a background check, fingerprints, and photo. Be sure to bring your original certificate of firearm training, driver’s license, state ID, or military ID with active duty orders, and $112.50 (in two increments of $52.50 and $60.00, payable in cash, personal check, money order, or cashier’s check).
5). Wait three months for your concealed carry permit to arrive in the mail. This permit is valid for five years. In order to renew, please visit: https://www.epcsheriffsoffice.com/sites/default/files/resources/resources/EPSO-RENEW-AP-CHP_Fillable_121718.pdf
Where is the El Paso County Sheriff’s Office located?
Colorado Springs, CO 80903
Where can I find answers to commonly asked concealed carry questions?
What if I lose my certificate?
What if I don't use my legal name for the certificate?
If I have any questions, how can I contact Elite Firearms & Training?
You can reach Ava seven days a week via email at firstname.lastname@example.org or by phone/text at (719) 445-6638. All messages will be returned within one business day.