Is Elite Firearms & Training a store front?
No, it is not. Elite is located in an office building and hours are by appointment only.
In what year was Elite Firearms & Training founded?
Who will be teaching the classes?
- NRA Certified Basic Pistol
- NRA Certified Range Safety Officer
- NRA Certified Home Firearm Safety
- NRA Certified Personal Protection In the Home
- NRA Certified Personal Protection Outside the Home
- Refuse To Be A Victim
Where are classes taught?
Classes are taught at 1322 N. Academy Blvd. Suite 203A in Colorado Springs, CO 80909. The building is located on the west side of Academy, between Palmer Park and San Miguel. Range time takes place at an indoor or outdoor range, depending on the class.
What should I bring to class?
Since each class varies, the instructor will let you know if you need to bring anything in addition to beverage and/or snack, notepad, and any questions you might have.
*Live ammunition is NEVER allowed in class. Please leave at home or in your car.
What should I bring to the range?
Is there a dress code on the range?
During the cold winter months, please be sure to bundle up to ensure you stay warm and focused. A warm coat, earmuffs, scarf, and warm shoes should be worn. Gloves are strongly advised so that shooters may wear them in between breaks. Please note however, range time during the winter months usually take place at an indoor, temperature controlled, range.
What types of payment does Elite Firearms & Training accept?
Visa, Discover, and MasterCard are accepted. American Express and personal checks are NOT accepted.
Why isn't my payment going through online?
Elite does not accept American Express credit cards. If you attempt to pay with American Express, your purchase will be declined. Additionally, if you’re billing address, zip code, or name on your card do not match up, this will result in a decline as well. Lastly, some banks have fraud protection. Please be sure to check with your bank to ensure they’re allowing the payment to go through. Please keep in mind that if your card gets declined and shows up on your bank activity, it will not process. This activity will disappear from your transactions within 24hrs. Your card doe not get charged unless your transaction is approved.
What are the criteria to get a concealed carry permit?
- Must be 21 years of age or older at the time of the application
- Be a resident of El Paso County (active military stationed in El Paso County qualify as residents with a Military ID and Duty Orders)
- Provide a valid Colorado Driver’s License, Colorado ID or a Military ID and active duty orders
- Submit proof of firearms training within the last ten years
- Successfully complete a background investigation
If I meet the above criteria, how can I get my concealed carry permit?
- NRA instructor
- Hunter’s Safety Course
- Proof of organized shooting competitions
- Active Duty Orders
2). Call the Sheriff’s Office to make an appointment. The number is 719-520-7249.
3). Print out the application found online at: https://www.epcsheriff.com/sites/default/files/resources/resources/Application_2014.pdf
Fill out the entire application, EXCEPT for the signature portion. This will be signed at the Sherriff’s office.
4) Attend your appointment with the Sherriff’s Office. This visit will include a background check, fingerprints, and photo. Be sure to bring your original certificate of firearm training, driver’s license, state ID, or military ID with active duty orders, and $112.50 (in two increments of $52.50 and $60.00, payable in cash, personal check, money order, or cashier’s check).
5). Wait three months for your concealed carry permit to arrive in the mail. This permit is valid for five years. In order to renew, please visit https://www.epcsheriff.com/sites/default/files/resources/resources/2014_Notarized_Renewal_Application.pdf
Where is the El Paso County Sheriff’s Office located?
Colorado Springs, CO 80903
Where can I find answers to commonly asked concealed carry questions?
Does Elite do firearms transfers?
If I filled out a background check in the past, am I required to do so again?
Yes. Every firearm purchase requires a background check. This also applies to those who hold a concealed carry permit.
What do I need to bring with me in order to submit my background check?
What if I lose my certificate?
What if I don't use my legal name for the certificate?
If I have any questions, how can I contact Elite Firearms & Training?
You can reach Ava seven days a week via email at firstname.lastname@example.org or by phone/text at (719) 445-6638. All messages will be returned within one business day.